Build and support Broad-based black Economic Empowerment and Sustainable SMME’s business development
Revive and expedite development of alternative high value economic growth sectors Maintain a safe, healthy and social cohesive environment for all
Develop and sustainable spatial, natural& built environment
Improved service delivery through provision of high quality, reliable and cost effective infrastructure based on integrated spatial planning
Infrastructure and Development Services
To ensure adequate access of basic service to the households Improved access to basic services Infrastructure Development and Services Department is responsible for provision of water, sanitation, roads and electricity.
Water and Sanitation Unit
The bulk water supply from City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality water treatment works and underground water from various villages.
The division is also responsible for the wastewater treatment plant which ensure that raw sewage is treated before the water is released back into the rivers.
The unit ensures that regular maintenance is carried out on water pipelines network and sanitation system. The following are key performance areas of the unit:
• Bulk water supply
• Waste water treatment
• Operation and Maintena
Roads and Storm-water Unit
Roads and Storm-water Unit is responsible for planning, providing and maintaining the existing internal roads.
• Maintenance of internal roads
• Coordinate and facilitation of provincial roads
Project Management Unit
PMU is the unit within Infrastructure Development and Services that is mainly responsible for registration, coordination, facilitation and implementation of capital projects within the municipality. The following aspects forms part of the unit responsibilities;
• Monitoring compliance in terms of available legislations related to projects implementation
• Project conceptualization and planning
• Funding solicitation for capital projects and registration of projects
• Monitoring and reporting on capital projects implementation
• Maximise poverty alleviation efforts through job creation during project implementation.
• Ensuring completion of projects within the timeframe and budget.
The department is within electricity unit is responsible for the following;
• Coordination and facilitation of electricity capital projects that are implemented by Eskom.
• Maintenance of high mast lights