Budget & Treasury
Functions of the BTO Department
To ensure and promote financial viability & management within the Municipality.
The department is split into 4 units namely:
Revenue ManagementThe Revenue Management Unit Manages the Municipality’s income. This is done by ensuring the following:
• Funds due to the Municipality are correctly and timeously billed and collected;
• accurate and transparent accounting processes and policies are in place and compliant with relevant legislations;
• there is management and control over the funds received by the Municipality;
• elected officials can confidently take accountability for the public funds due and payable to the Municipality;
• financial reporting is provided to the Municipality, other stakeholders and the community in general;
• all outstanding monies are efficiently collected in a dignified and humane manner in terms of the Council’s Credit Control and Debt Collection By-law and Policy with indigent relief; and the approved policies and business processes to meet the Council’s objectives are all aligned.
Expenditure ManagementThe expenditure Unit is responsible for ensuring that accurate and timeous payments to the Municipality’s suppliers, councillors, officials and third parties. This is done by ensuring the following:
• processing of all purchase order invoices, sundry payment requests, and disbursements are processed timeously.
• timeous payment to employees, councillors and third parties.
• Assist and guide the other department on financial and administrative matters and ensure that they are financially compliant and spend within their respective allocated budgets.